We all know at least one person who thinks they're the big cheese, the hot shot of the block, and they DRIVE US NUTS. The "Big Cheese" of the parking lot come in many forms that you have to watch out for:
1) THE FANCY CHEESE: This is the guy/gal that will ignore the giant yellow "LOTS FULL" sign that blocks the entrance, enter through the exit lane (in spite of the giant yellow arrow pointing in the other direction), and drive around the parking lot for 15 minutes. Guess what buddy, there are no vacant parking spaces, not even for you in your 80,000 dollar car. The best part? That look on his face when you tell him he owes you $1.75 even though "he hasn't even parked".
2) THE ROTTEN CHEESE: This is the guy/gall that comes through and nastily blurts out "I (don't) need a receipt" before you can even get out your "hi, how are you?"
3) ANOTHER CHEESE GONE BAD: This is the guy (it was actually a girl that I had) that comes through, awkwardly makes eye contact but doesn't return your friendly greeting, hands you her ticket with validation stickers on it and then rolls up the window, waiting for the gate to raise.
Blog description
Sooo, when you work in a parking booth for 29 hours a week, sometimes taking on 12 hour shifts, you have a lot of spare time on your hands. You find ways to entertain yourself. Some coworkers become bored and take it upon themselves to leave their box and talk to me for hours on end in spite of the fact that I drop (not-so) subtle hints that I'm REALLY into a book that I'm reading.
I however, have found quite the eclectic variety of modes of entertainment. From rom-com marathons to reading for pleasure to researching for a thesis to playing bananagrams a la solitaire (and don't forget the off-pitch solos that I break into when listening to the Juanes cd that I just purchased), I've found it all.
Between all my moments of hardly working, I help the occasional client exiting the parking lot. After some time (hardly) working here, I've come to realize a few things about the different "characters" who park at the lot. This blog is the home of the descriptions of these characters as well as random anecdotes and quotes that I find amusing. Because after all, you've got to entertain yourself somehow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment